How We Work
Our Steering Group meets 4 times a year to:
- share knowledge,
- update on actions from the 4 sub-group themes,
- guide and review future ideas.
Steering group members connect widely across the Portsmouth food sector, helping make things happen and identify ways to tackle food-related problems like obesity or food waste. Food Portsmouth members range from individuals passionate about making good food available to all, to large organisations based in the City wanting to commit to making good food a priority.
The Partnership Coordinator and other members get involved in policy work, acting as a representative voice for the local and community food sector as well as for good public food. Our sub-groups look at particular topics such as:
- the green and urban environment,
- food poverty and health inequalities,
- local food supply chains.